Monday, February 7, 2011

Trying to be a writer..

I love reading but it does not mean I am good in writing. It has always been my dream to be a writer. I admire those prominent and prolific authors who have been successful in their career of writing. I still remember how much I was so engrossed in reading novel in paperback, to the extent of skipping my meal and totally forgotten about day and night. It was no doubt my favourite pastime when I was a teenager. I love reading novel written by John Grisham, Jeffrey Archer, Sydney Sheldon and Erich Segal.
My childhood dream was to be a journalist. I have never thought of becoming a doctor. I have realized that how much I missed reading after I had graduated and started practicing as a doctor. When I was in medical school, I still could find time reading novel.. It really helped in filling up my loneliness while studying medicine in a foreign land.
Life as a doctor is very challenging but monotonous. I am trying to rekindle something which I have always love doing..reading and now writing! I have no experience in writing a blog, let alone in editing it. I would like to see how far I can progress..I am now embarking on a journey which I hope would lead me to somewhere..Not that I am lacking in goal and direction, but I am here giving myself an opportunity to become a writer. I hope my writing will arouse interest and most importantly, I look forward to and welcome any criticism which will help in shaping my writing..

No comments:

Post a Comment